The Path Forward Starts Here

Find important forms, answers to your questions, and more.

“My daughter recently started at Talk and Play, having a speech delay at 22 months. She has blossomed in the weeks she has been there, and we now hear new words every day! They care so deeply for each child and each family that is in their care, and it shows in everything they do.”

Aubrey Carlson


Do I need a referral for therapy?

In most cases, yes. If you have insurance that covers Speech/Occupational Therapy, you will need a referral from your child’s primary care physician. If you don’t have insurance or don’t wish to use it, you most likely don’t need a referral. We can provide additional details when you call us.

What do I need to bring to the first appointment?

The intake paperwork can be downloaded from our website or emailed to you at your request. Please bring the completed paperwork along with your insurance card. Also, bring any other documents related to your child’s relevant support services, i.e. IEP, 504, previous evaluations, and plans of care.

Will my child be evaluated alone or may I observe?

Our preference is to evaluate your child independently in order to get a better picture of how he/she is functioning in the absence of parental support. However, if you feel more comfortable being in the room, you are welcome to be present. Current COVID-19 guidelines allow for only one parent in the clinic and no siblings.

My child is 12 -18 months old and isn’t talking. What should I do?

Call us and one of our Speech-Language Pathologists will happily talk with you. An evaluation by a Speech-Language Pathologist will provide you with the answers you’re looking for right now.

What are the early signs of Autism?

Call us and one of our therapists can give you answers and guidance. The early signs are easy to miss but the sooner they’re identified, the better! Autism Navigator ( ) is a wonderful resource for parents and professionals who have questions about Autism. The checklist of 16 early signs of Autism can help parents determine if there’s a need for further screening or evaluation.

How do I know if my child needs Occupational Therapy?

If your child is having difficulty with control of body movements for crawling, walking, or playing, has difficulty with feeding, dressing, or other daily self-care activities, is over- or under-sensitive to sensory stimuli or appears to be delayed in development when compared to same-aged peers, they may benefit from Occupational Therapy. Call us and one of our therapists will provide more specific answers to your question.


We currently accept the following insurance:
Rocky Mountain Health Plans logo
United Healthcare Logo
Arrangements can also be made for cash payments.